marine and coastal
Malachy Walsh and Partner have considerable experience of all aspects of engineering services relating to marine civil engineering developments. Areas covered include: studies, preliminary design, permission applications, detailed design, pre-qualification of tenderers, tendering, tender assessment; contract administration and day to day site supervision of marine development works including marinas, harbours, breakwaters, pier extensions, dredging and coast protection.
Malachy Walsh and Partners:
- Are presently acting as design verifier on the design and construction of a marina at Knightstown, Valentia Island, Co Kerry.
- Examined marina development options at Kilmore Quay Harbour as part of an overall study relating to the development of the harbour at Kilmore Quay.
- Undertaken a study of the development of a marina at Portmagee in Co Kerry for a private client.
- Acted as design reviewer for Kerry County Council on the development of the marina at Cahersiveen.
- Blennerville Co. Kerry canal restoration works including marina, opening bridge and steel lock gates design.
- Dry dock development at Bere Island Co. Cork – large anti-flotation anchored reinforced concrete dry dock design with double leaf hydraulically operated steel lock gates 16m wide by 10m high.
- Tender stage for proposed design and build marina development at Rossaveal harbour Co. Galway.
Malachy Walsh and Partners have undertaken the design, tender documentation, tender process, tender assessment, contract administration and site supervision of numerous harbour and coastal protection works.
- Quays and piers construction and refurbishment at Ballydavid, Roonah, Kilkieran, Westport and Fenit.
- Great Blasket Island Access Piers.
- Dredging at Fenit, Ringaskiddy, Annagassan and Garnish Island.
- Coast Protection at Cullenstown, Tramore, Dungarvan, Pfizer Lough Beg, GlaxoSmithKline Lough Beg and Elly Bay.
- Cliff Stabilisation works at Red Cliff Road near Inch in County Kerry, Helvick and Kilmurrin.
- Seawall Refurbishment works at Youghal and Tramore coastal defences.
- Port of Cork rehabilitation programme on the harbour structures owned and controlled by the Commissioners.