Malachy Walsh and Partners is an established multi-disciplinary Engineering and Environmental Consulting Practice which has been in business since 1967 and currently employs over 150 persons. The head office is located in Cork City with other offices in Tralee, Co. Kerry, Limerick and London, U.K. The Company is totally owned by its Directors.
Malachy Walsh and Partners has extensive experience in environmental, educational, commercial and industrial developments, civil and structural, geotechnical, mechanical and electrical, environmental impact assessment, appropriate assessment, planning services, water services, flood risk assessments and flood alleviation works.
The firm is currently offering a number of positions to suitable candidates.
Vacancies are as follows:
Hydrogeologist (Cork office)
We are now seeking a Hydrogeologist in our Cork office to work within our growing Environmental team on exciting and varied environmental projects. The ideal candidate will be motivated and enthusiastic, capable of working both independently and in a team. The role will involve travel (mainly in Ireland) and occasional overnight stays. This is a permanent, full-time role within a friendly, supportive environment that offers the successful candidate opportunities for career development in a multi-disciplinary environmental and engineering consultancy.
– Planning and implementation of field investigation groundwater programmes
– Supervision of intrusive site investigations
– Collection, management and interpretation of analytical data
– Preparation of interpretive reports, including contaminated land and hydrogeological risk assessments
– Hydrogeological Environmental Impact Assessments to form part of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs)
– Liaising with clients and subcontractors
– Detailed quantitative controlled waters risk assessment and modelling (desirable);
Experience – Qualifications Required:
– Degree in Geology or related Earth Science with an MSc in Hydrogeology
– Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience, most of which will have been gained within an environmental consultancy area
– Membership of a professional body preferable
– Knowledge of and experience in contaminated land/geo-environmental assessment
– Ability to work well in teams, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
– Excellent planning and organisation skills
– Ability to meet strict deadlines
– Strong technical report writing skills
– Strong commercial awareness
– Full Clean driving Licence
Senior Water Services Engineer (Cork office)
We require a Senior Engineer who must be Chartered with at least 10 years experience in this sector. The ideal candidate will have experience of water treatment, wastewater treatment and network design and experience in Public works contracts and commercial and industrial projects. Familiarity with the preparation of contract documents and performance specifications for water and wastewater infrastructure is desirable.
Traffic and Transportation Engineer (Cork office)
We require a Traffic and Transportation Engineer who will have a Masters in transportation engineering and 5 to 10 years post graduate experience. Relevant experience should include traffic studies, traffic modelling, road and junction design, traffic impact assessments, road safety audits, traffic aspects of planning applications, urban renewal schemes and smarter travel schemes.
Attractive remuneration and service packages based on experience and qualifications will be offered for all roles above to those who fulfil the requirements outlined.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or by post to:
Malachy Walsh and Partners,
Mahon Technology Park,
Malachy Walsh and Partners is an equal opportunities employer.