Malachy Walsh and Partners offers a comprehensive service in the field of Contaminated Land Assessment. The assessment involves determining the origin, nature and likely distribution of contamination within a site and the potential impacts that this could have on human health and the wider environment.This assessment is undertaken in 3 Phases.
Phase 1: Initial Investigation
The first part of the assessment is to determine whether the site is
contaminated and includes:
- Desk Study,
- Walkover Survey and Visual inspection of the existing site
- Production of a detailed report documenting all findings and recommendations.
Phase 2: Site Investigation
Following from this, an appropriate Phase 2 investigation can be planned and includes:
- Intrusive (e.g. trial pits) and non-intrusive (surface sampling) ground investigation techniques,
- Soil and Groundwater Sampling,
- Analytical Data Interpretation,
- Production of a report documenting the nature, extent and significance of contamination, if relevant.
Phase 3: RemediationAssessment
Finally, if investigation results exceed intervention values, it will be necessary to:
- Determine the available remediation options available,
- Determine the appropriate course of action,
- Liaise with the enforcement authority.