Services – Structural
Malachy Walsh and Partners provides a complete design, documentation and site supervision service for a large variety of building types. From conventional smaller buildings to complex and sophisticated multi-storey buildings, MWP has extensive knowledge and experience of the construction industry which allows it to identify the broader issues that influence the design and construction of a building to produce a design solution that is functional, economical and safe.
MWP’s structural design will contribute significantly to a project’s success by:
- Challenging the design brief – are all of the requirements noted in the brief necessary for the function of the building
- Providing economical designs
- Providing innovative solutions
- Providing solutions that are easily constructable
- Examining off-site construction method – modular systems etc
- Managing projects onsite
MWP is committed to using only the most up to date structural design software including Tekla, Scia, Robot, Strap and Teds. This commitment to clients ensures economical design that is innovative and technically advanced. The firm also benfits from this approach by repeat business from valued clients.
Building Information modelling – BIM
MWP has fully embraced the advent of BIM and the majority of structural projects are undertaken using BIM tools. MWP uses Revit for all structures and Civil 3D for groundworks and below ground services. This ensures that the model is all-inclusive and coordinated and that all potential clashes are sorted out at the design stage and therefore do not arise on site, avoiding costly construction delays and reworking. The benefits of BIM passed onto clients are many and include:
- Single live Coordinated Model shared between Process Vendors and Engineering Team – Architectural/Civil/Structural/Utilities/Process/Building Services
- Prefabrication of elements off site – quicker installation, no clashes, no back charges to Vendors for Tine.
- Established responsibilities to BIM Execution Plan – PAS1192 LOD 2
- Check on Building Quantities
- Allows quick assessment of consequences of changes on site
- As built Revit model handed over to the client which can be used for facility management.
This intelligent and holistic approach to the development process allows us to add significant value and craft more buildable structures, while maximising value for our clients and creating iconic and award winning buildings.